Want better results from training? The weakest link in most organisations is lack of transfer to the workplace.
For training (including e-learning) to be effective, it has to be successfully applied. Transfer of learning to the workplace is essential to achieving competence, performance and business objectives.
To put it another way, the quality and value of training depend on follow-through. Research shows, however, that lack of transfer is a significant problem. Too often, application is either not attempted or quickly abandoned. Managers are the dominant influence on transfer, but they need a good understanding of their vital role and how to leverage results from learning.
- Using results maps to link learning, performance and business goals.
- The training effectiveness equation and its interpretation.
- The crucial role of managers in maximising learning transfer.
- Three types of barriers to successful transfer of learning.
- Use of the transfer barriers checklist to identify leverage points.
- How to significantly increase motivation to learn and to transfer learning.
- The simple application of force field analysis to transfer of learning.
- Two basic types of influence that every manager should use.
- Transfer strategies that can be applied before, during and after training.
- The contribution of these strategies to employee engagement.
- How transfer strategies leverage the application and benefits of training.
- The need to actively partner with learning and development specialists.
- Action planning for transfer, including self-managed transfer strategies.
Participants use a real training need as a ‘running case study’ throughout the workshop.
They are also introduced to the support site content, including job aids and the ‘application story’ format for reviewing and communicating details of their transfer of learning.
Pre-work (minimal) + Workshop (1/2 day) + Application + Sharing of results.
Participants are given access to an online support site after the workshop.
Who Should Attend
This program is suitable for managers at all levels. (The only prerequisite is that the managers (a) have staff reporting to them, and (b) the staff will be undertaking off-the-job training.) Many learning specialists have also attended this course.
- Appreciation of the need to manage learning transfer.
- Practical understanding of how to enhance training results.
- More support for training and targeted use of management influence.
- Greater transfer of learning and ‘learning from transfer’.
- Increased effectiveness, ROI and credibility of training.
Leverage Results From Learning program is currently only available through in-house facilitation.
Please contact us for more information.
By delivering the Leverage Results From Learning program you will be able to provide managers in your organisation with the know-how they need to ensure training is effectively applied and produces the benefits they expect.
This accreditation program will equip internal trainers to deliver the half-day Leveraging Results From Learning program within their organisation.
Attendees will be given a comprehensive Facilitator’s Handbook and training on how to effectively implement the program.
|Pre-requisite:||Must have attended the half-day Leveraging Results From Learning workshop.|