Full Time Individual and Ageing Support Course Coordinator, Trainer and Assessor
Your New Role (duties and responsibilities):
About the role
Reporting to the Training Manager, you will be the key person to develop, assess, conduct and deliver effective, high quality training; as well as undertaking a leadership role within our Individual Support and Ageing Support training department. The person in this role will have the ability to form strong bonds and supportive mentoring relationships with students to assist them on their journey!
Additional qualifications and experience in Disability and Leisure and Health are a bonus.
Full Time Position available for the right candidate: Brisbane CBD location.
What You Will Need (role skills and experience):
Key Selection Criteria
• Recognised degree or Diploma in Individual Support and Ageing Support and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110+TAELLN411 or TAE40116) (ESSENTIAL)
• At least 2 years' recent relevant practical work experience in a Support setting
• Comprehensive current knowledge of the industry trend and diversity within the industry.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of educational, industrial or community environments, particularly with students who are from non-English speaking backgrounds
• Committed to delivering a high standard of training
• Ability to motivate, engage and form strong supportive relationships with a diverse mix of students
• Strong organisation and time management skills
•A National Police Check, issued within the last 12 months or able to obtain one prior to the commencement of the position.
•A current and valid Blue Card or ability to obtain one prior to commencement in the role
•Strong knowledge of the compliance and documentation requirements of Cert III Individual Support and Cert IV Ageing Support, including practical work placement requirements, and an ability to co-ordinate and manage theory and practical placement to assist students in achieving completion within their course time frame
What you will bring to this role
· Contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of Individual Support and Ageing Support courses and training materials to ensure continuous improvement is in line with the requirements of quality, legislative and industry standards
· A great sense of fun and humour!
· A can-do attitude and a personality that thrives under pressure and the ability to manage challenges
· A willingness to grow with a leading RTO.
· Undertake planning, delivery, assessment and review of all classroom, workplace training and RPL activities.
· Initiate contact with Support facilities to identify opportunities for work placement for students
· Coordinate the student work placement and work experience learning, teaching and assessment processes and procedures
· Provide support to students during their work placement and throughout their course progression
· Maintain a safe learning environment, for both classroom and workplace training.
· Grow and maintain support facility relationships and Qii’s standing within the industry as a quality provider of Individual Support and Ageing Support
· Provide a coordinating and mentoring/coaching role to maintain student confidence, trust and Maintain a safe learning environment, for both classroom and workplace training.
Your New Company (about us and what you will get in return):
Queensland International Institute (Qii) is a quality driven Registered Training Organisation offering training in the areas of Business, Aged Care, Early Childhood Education and Care, Hospitality and English.
Qii is currently seeking a highly professional, motivated and passionate Course Coordinator/Trainer in Individual Support and Ageing Support to be part of our fun and dynamic team.
What You Need To Do Now (enquire or apply):
Salary and Hours of Work:
Salary negotiated with the right candidate based on experience and performance. Normal working hours involve Monday to Friday from 8.45am to 5:30pm. Occasional variation of hours due to student work placement monitoring, depending on agreed arrangement between manager and candidate.
Responsibilities are varying and include classroom training, tutoring sessions, assessment marking, class preparation, student consultation and material development/improvement. You will work closely with the Training, Academic and Compliance Managers to continuously improve and add value to students' experience in each unit of competency being delivered.
If this sounds like you and you have met all of the essential criteria, please apply to this role by hitting the submit button and addressing your cover letter to the Campus Manager, Ms. Zoe Hartnett. The suitable candidate should be available to start ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.