Learning and Organisational Development Consultant
Your New Role (duties and responsibilities):
Covering a period of parental leave, we have a 12 month contract vacancy based in our Brisbane office. This role will see you providing professional support and advice for the Brisbane office and the National Learning & Organisational Development (L&OD) function through the design, implementation and evaluation of programs and initiatives that support the professional development and continuous learning of all Partners and employees at all levels. This role also provides support for the L&OD function in the Canberra office. Key responsibilities
This varied, busy and exciting role will see you:
- Design, deliver and evaluate learning & development offerings that align with and support the needs of the individual, team and firm
- Facilitate and coordinate learning events for clerks, graduates, lawyers and business advisory services employees.
- Project manage national L&OD projects and broader P&D / firm projects adopting effective change management methodologies (some interstate travel may be required)
- Contribute to the design, project management and roll out of national leadership development programs.
- Contribute to the management of L&OD systems, policies and processes including planning, budgeting, recording and reporting.
- Understand the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements for all lawyers and provide advice on the application of these requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external providers to ensure that their products and services are aligned with the firm's needs.
- Build and sustain productive relationships with business leaders and stakeholders to support the effective and efficient operation of the L&OD function
- Identify and liaise with internal faculty / SMEs for L&OD activities.
- One to one coaching as needed.
What You Will Need (role skills and experience):
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in learning and development, organisational behaviour/psychology, adult education and/or human resources.
- 4+ years' experience as a learning and development professional
- Strong facilitation skills for both large and small groups in topics such as communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership, management and presentation skills.
- Ability to design programs, initiatives and materials in consultation with business leaders and subject matter experts
- Ability to build effective working relationship with stakeholders at all levels
- An awareness of key related HR issues, eg. recruitment, performance management, change management and employee relations. Exposure to graduate recruitment would be high regarded.
- Excellent communication skills, stakeholder management skills, maturity and a client focussed work ethic
- Flexibility to work hours necessary to meet business objectives and internal client needs
Your New Company (about us and what you will get in return):
As Australia’s leading independent law firm, our culture has been built by innovative thinkers. They are the driving force behind our firm and if you choose to be part of the team your expectations will be challenged every step of the way.
We’re looking for individuals who will thrive under our spirit of independence. Dynamic personalities who can collaborate, innovate and strive for success within our collegiate culture. In return we will work to help build the career you’ve always wanted. Are you up for the challenge?
Why Clayton Utz?
As part of this innovative team you will be working with some of the sharpest legal minds in the industry. Clayton Utz has also been a powerful force in Australian pro bono practice, striving to deliver justice for those who need it and not just those who can afford it. Imagine what you could achieve at a top law firm that actually values independent thinking. A law firm who challenges the status quo.
Go on, challenge your expectations.
What You Need To Do Now (enquire or apply):
How to apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact Rose Bundrock (03 9286 6682) for more information. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Do you require any support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application? If so, please contact the recruiter via the above telephone number or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Clayton Utz, please visit www.claytonutz.com or follow us on LinkedIn here.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.