Trainer/Assessor (QLD) – IMMEDIATE START
Job DescriptionSalary/Rate: $75,000 - $99,000
Your New Role (duties and responsibilities):
About the role
- ERMQ office is located at Cooroy on the Sunshine Coast in Qld. Majority of training is presently in South East Queensland.
- Delivery of high quality training and education services to the public, industrial and mining sectors.
- Provide Training services in a professional, proactive manner and in accordance with the client's scope of work and standard operating procedures.
- Work in the field, facilitating the education, training and assessment of client staff and public students in both a practical face-to-face and theoretical environment.
- Undertake training role in different locations (including mine sites) as scheduled.
- Providing passion, knowledge and professional experiences to train, mentor and coach our clients, staff and students with a focus on building students' confidence, knowledge, skills and capability.
- Be flexible and have a passion for training and development.
- Be self-motivated and can contribute and work positively in a team environment.
- Maintaining industry currency through VET and industry related activities as required.
What You Will Need (role skills and experience):
Skills and experience
- Have a passion for training in the safety industry
- Highly experienced in vertical rescue
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be motivated, flexible and be able to adapt training to meet the needs of a variety of clients
- Comply with RTO requirements
- Basic Microsoft Office/Computer skills
- High level of Communication Skills
- High level of personal presentation
- Prior mine site experience / skills list desirable
- Understand and comply with site policies and procedures
- Prior Fire Service or Emergency Service experience desirable
- TAE training experience
- Comply with RTO requirements
- Ability to engage, liaise, negotiate and provide feedback with clients and students
- Highly experienced in Vertical Rescue
- RII30715 - Cert III Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Hold unit/s of competency and prove to be highly familiar with (RII or High Risk Licence):
- Confined space entry
- Working at heights
- Vertical rescue
- Road Crash Rescue
- Breathing Apparatus
- PUA20601 Cert II in Public Safety - Fire Fighting & Emergency Operations or higher Statements of Attainment in:
- Respond to Wildfire (PUAFIR204A);
- Suppress wildfire (PUAFIR303B);
- Operate Breathing Apparatus (PUAFIR207B);
- Operate Pumps (PUAFIR309B);
- HLTPAT005 Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing
- Current open Drivers licence
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- National Police Clearance
- Be able to provide clear drug and alcohol testing if required
- Coal Board Medical desirable
- Metalliferous Medical desirable
- Standard 11 desirable
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE16)
- Mine Safety Supervisor (G1, G8, G9 or S1, S2, S3)
- Standard 11
Your New Company (about us and what you will get in return):
About the business
Emergency Risk Management Queensland Pty Ltd is a successfully established company who is a strong performer in the delivery of emergency risk management services in the mining, construction and heavy industry sector.
Our staff are accredited specialist trainers within the medical and emergency response fire rescue and safety risk management area. All trainers are required to demonstrate experience in operating and training in at times complex, remote, high risk and every day operational environments. ERMQ assist in keeping our staff up to date with current knowledge of the industry and practice, plus ensure we provide a training culture in which they excel.
We seek to exceed our clients' expectations by continuously improving and updating the skills and resources capability required to deliver contemporary, training and services. At ERMQ our aim is to have satisfied customers and clients which receive quality training in a safe and enjoyable environment. Our staff and managers maintain a personable but professional communication with our clients and students, and support is openly available.
ERMQ is passionate about safety. Our staff are solution focused and understand how to mitigate risk whilst keeping people, assets and equipment safe, and partner our clients to keep company's compliant with legislation and supported in their commitment to safety.
Benefits and perks
- Full time position available there after
- Wages / Salary negotiable
- Be part of a dynamic company that has a strong history and exciting future
- Enjoy a work-life balance
- Use of a fully maintained company vehicle for work
- Uniforms supplied
What You Need To Do Now (enquire or apply):
click 'apply' now