- An adult learning specialist with proven experience in training design, facilitation, project management and consultancy.
- Skilled in designing dynamic and innovative learning experiences that build capability through curiosity, self- discovery and reflection.
- Ability to distil complex information into simple and effective learning.
- Recognized as an effective and motivational facilitator with a consistent track record for developing understanding, building learning skills, improving team communication and making learning fun and memorable.
Bachelor of Adult Education (UWS)
Cert IV Workplace Training and Assessment (TAFE)
Certified Learning Professional (ILP)
Introduction to Psychology (UTS)
Consulting – As a practising Learning and Development consultant my skills involve all elements in relation to the provision of end to end learning and development solutions. From project startup and liaising with clients and subject matter experts on their needs, to determining and developing best practice learning solutions, piloting materials, facilitating learning experiences and evaluating results.
I am skilled in designing training programs that address a wide range of learning and performance needs including:
- Induction and Orientation – Company vision, mission and goals. Policies and procedures.
- Role and Goal clarity – Development of role capabilities and assessment criteria
- Leadership Development – leadership styles, front line skills, coaching skills, performance management, recruitment, team building, negotiation skills, goal setting, employee development, project management, Time management.
- Retail – Sales and Service – Communication skills, sales processes, product knowledge, dealing with difficult customers, managing complaints, telephone skills, Point of Sale and Systems training.
- Safety and Security – Manual Handling, emergency procedures, workplace health and safety, loss prevention.
- Training and Development – Train the trainer, learning skills, study skills, learning needs analysis and training assessment.
I have presented programs to front line teams, middle management and executives. I am effective in facilitating to both small groups and to large conference audiences. I have facilitated to groups in both the public and private sector.
My flair for creativity has been instrumental in developing a wide range of learning support products and innovative concepts including:
- SEEK – A training evaluation tool
- Card Packs – Instant training and coaching skills, learning in the 21st century, study skills. SOLD selling skills
- Concept Models – Mentoring Meristic, Full Circle Coaching
2002 - Present
Learn-Away Pty Ltd CO-FOUNDER/DIRECTOR/LEARNING CONSULTANT
Learn-Away is focussed on providing learning solutions that are effective, engaging and easy. Learn-Away designs and facilitates training with the fundamental aim to enhance and foster the basic human passion to learn
1991 – 2002
Myer Grace Bros NATIONAL LEARNING CONSULTANT
NATIONAL LEARNING CONSULTANT
NSW TRAINING COORDINATOR